Urgent note: It’s almost time for Descanso Gardens to transform into a leafy world of dazzling nighttime lights again. “Enchanted: Forest of Light” opens November 19, but tickets tend to vanish in a twinkling. Better reserve your visit soon.
- Checks may be sent and made out to “Pacific Union,” with the memo field on the bottom left of the check noting “Wine Country Fund.” Checks may be addressed to Pacific Union, 3333 Mendocino Ave. #220, Santa Rosa, CA 95403.
- Our colleagues in the Pacific Union Napa region have also set up a Wine Country Fund PayPal account.
- GoFundMe has set up a direct impact fund. Anyone can make tax-deductible donations to directly support individuals with verified campaigns on their platform.
- A Recovery account has been set up where anyone can locate resources, send supplies or sign up to volunteer time directly.
- The Napa Valley Community Foundation is accepting donations which will be distributed to those in need.
So you’re invited to someone else’s Thanksgiving feast. Whew. But wait – you still have to bring a side. This year, why make it that same tired old chestnut (dressing)? The folks at Food Network have 100+ way more impressive recipes.
Anyone who’s driven the Eastside freeways has spotted the soaring 226-foot tower of the 1927 Sears Mail Order Building in Boyle Heights. Now it and the rest of its 1.8-million-square-foot landmark complex are poised for new mixed-use life.