‘Tis the season to sell
If you’ve bought into the myth that now isn’t a good time to put your home on the market, you might be missing out on a very big-ticket gift. Once you learn the truth about this season’s homebuyers, you might consider opening your door to a different kind of holiday guest!
Here are 11 advantages to selling now:
- Buyers actively searching for properties during the holidays aren’t “just looking.” They’re serious.
- Fewer properties are listed during the holidays. Less competition can mean more money for you.
- Inventory of homes for sale rises in January, putting more homes up against yours —and lowering your chances of a sale.
- Your home looks its most appealing decked with holiday lights and décor!
- Since the holidays are an emotional time, buyers are less likely to resist your price.
- Homeseekers have more time to search over their holiday vacation than when they’re back at work.
- Tax reasons pressure some buyers to close the deal before the end of the year.
- Many people start new jobs in January. If they’re transferring here from another market, they can’t wait for Spring to buy.
- You can sell now and be a non-contingent buyer in the Spring, when more houses are on the market for less money. Sell high and buy low!
- You can make an advantageous holiday sale and arrange for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year.
- You can restrict showings during the holiday week and still remain on the market.